For years, Randy Siller has worked as a family wealth advisor—a job title that masks a wide variety of services and responsibilities. His work leads him to assist families as they seek to guard and protect their estates. He works alongside business owners, helping them with succession planning and exit strategizing. He helps individuals think about retirement, about improving their portfolio values, and about optimizing their tax-advantaged charitable giving.
All of this he does through the firm called Siller & Cohen—a firm that he helped found, more than two decades ago. This is a firm devoted to helping clients meet all of their own financial objectives—whatever those objectives are. Based in the New York area and serving clients throughout the region, Siller & Cohen is a firm known for prioritizing service and putting the needs of individuals and families first.
That the company would put client service first is, sadly, not something that one would say of all wealth management firms, but it is a big part of what sets Siller & Cohen apart from its competitors. Indeed, the firm’s 25-year success is largely rooted in its original vision of full client-centeredness. The vision is upheld through the leadership efforts of Randy Siller—so to learn more about the firm, we must first learn more about the man himself.
A Brief Bio of Randy Siller
Mr. Siller is perhaps best known as one of this firm’s co-founders, but make no mistake: The recognition he has received over the years is widespread and pervasive. He is regarded as a leading wealth analyst, and a true ally to clients from all walks of life. Below are a few basic details about who he is and what he has accomplished:
- To begin with, he has numerous professional certifications. He is a licensed CPA, though not a practicing one at this time. He has an MS in Taxation, something that serves him well as he seeks to help clients minimize their tax burdens. Finally, he is a Certified Investment Management Analyst, an honor bestowed by IMCA, alongside the Wharton School of Business.
- The recognition he has received, as a wealth analyst and a financial professional, includes numerous requests to contribute to high-level books. He has offered his insights to a couple of seminal works, in particular. They are Marshall Loeb’s Lifetime Financial Strategies and 52 Weeks to Financial Fitness.
- He is both a member of, and a frequent guest speaker at, The International Forum. Other professional memberships include his standing within the Estate Planning Council of New York City; and, memberships in the State Societies of CPAs, both in Connecticut as well as in New York.
- Randy Siller is a National Instructor for Touche Ross and Lincoln Financial Advisors/Sagemark Consulting.
- Additionally, his expertise and his renown within his field have led to citations and quotes in several high-profile magazines and publications. These include popular titles such as The Wall Street Journal and Time. They also include more industry- and niche-specific organizations, like Fortune, Your Company, and Financial Planning.
- As far as previous work experience, we might note that Mr. Siller was once a Senior Vice-President for Lincoln Financial Advisors/Sagemark Consulting. He was the Founder and National Director of their Private Wealth Services Group.
More About Siller & Cohen
Given the range of accolades and the wealth of experience he has accrued, the most remarkable thing about Mr. Siller is, perhaps, that he remains so committed to serving clients. Such is the case, however; at Siller & Cohen, he works tirelessly to defend the company’s standing as the premier fee-based wealth advisory service in the area. He works closely alongside top financial planners throughout the area, providing an array of client-centered services—services listed below.
Randy Siller: What Siller & Cohen Does
One of the primary services offered by the firm is investment planning. The basic belief of Siller & Cohen is that many investors—and many financial planners, even—effectively build their portfolios in reverse. They do things backward, beginning by choosing all of the stocks and bonds they want, and only then looking to develop some kind of overall strategy.
The professionals at Siller & Cohen take the opposite approach. They begin by formulating a plan—one tailored to meet the individual needs of the client, and to help the client meet his or her goals for financial security and independence. Then, the firm selects the investments that offer the best tax advantages and the best ratios of risk to reward.
In addition, the firm offers its services in estate planning. Working alongside affluent families, in particular, Siller & Cohen seeks to present custom modeling, helping clients to understand both the short-term and long-term ramifications of their financial decisions, and, in the end, ensuring that clients can leave the legacies they want to leave.
Finally, Siller and his colleagues offer business succession planning, and business sale planning. The company strongly believes that business owners should make exit planning a critical part of their initial business planning. The simple truth is that a day will likely come when the business owner wishes to sell, but finding a reasonable sale price can sometimes take up to five years. By planning ahead, business owners can make the sale process as expedient as possible.
And certainly, the desire to sell could come on at any time. Some common reasons why business owners decide to sell include:
- Personal matters, such as burnout, fatigue, or declining health
- A simple desire to retire or move on to new opportunities
- Conditions, either favorable or unfavorable, within the industry
- Changing family needs and dynamics
- Market tumult
A Professional in Wealth Analysis and Management
What all of this indicates is that the firm of Siller & Cohen is ready and able to provide wide-ranging wealth analysis services to individuals, to families, and to companies. At the helm is Randy Siller, a man whose career is marked by recognition and esteem. Through it all, he remains committed to helping clients, first and foremost. This “service first” attitude, more than anything else, characterizes his role at Siller & Cohen. It is also a big part of what sets Randy Siller apart, and endears him to clients.
Awesome design, congrats for the new site